Pepperoni Sausage Recipe 25 lbs
Actual Pepperoni uses a starter culture that requires days to produce the genuine product. This seasoning will produce a good tasting sausage that mimics pepperoni. Great on pizza!
Suggested meats include:
1. Beef Chucks 25 lb
2. Pork Butts 25 lb
3. Beef Chucks 12.5 lb & Pork Butts 12.5 lb
1. Grind the meat through a 1/2 ” plate and then through an 1/8” plate .
2. Add Zach's Pepperoni Sausage Seasoning and sausage cure (1 oz) to the meat mixture and mix together for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Stuff meat mixture into the sausage casing (Hog or Collagen).
4. Hold the product for 24 to 48 hours in a clean room at 65°F and 69% humidity for fermentation to take place.
1. Place the pepperoni in a preheated (125°F) Smoker for 1 hour with dampers open, or until the casings are dry.
2. Close the dampers to 1/4 open, (apply light smoke if desired), and gradually increase the smokehouse temperature to 165°F and hold until the internal sausage temperature of 155°F is reached.
3. Remove from the smokehouse and shower the sausage to reduce the temperature of the sausage to below 100°F.
4. Hold at room temperature for 2 hours before refrigerating.
Note: Traditionally, pepperoni is not smoked, but it is an option.